The Alexandria Turkey Trot takes place Thanksgiving morning in Del Ray, starting and finishing at George Washington Middle School. Volunteers are a critical part of the event, both for Wednesday evening packet pick-up and on race day Thursday morning.
There are many different types of volunteer shifts from which to choose. If you sign up for multiple shifts, please just make sure not to double-book yourself.
All volunteers will receive a t-shirt. We’ll have pizza Wednesday night and donuts Thursday morning as well.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Set-up (5:00-6:00pm)
- Registration/Packet Pick-up (5:15-8:00pm)
- T-Shirt Distribution/Sales (5:30-8:00pm)
- Greeters (5:45-8:00pm)
Thursday Morning (Thanksgiving Day):
- Set-up (5:00-7:00am)
- Parking Management (6:00-9:00am)
- Registration/Packet Pick-up (6:45-9:00am)
- T-Shirt Distribution/Sales (7:00-9:00am)
- Greeters (7:00-9:00am)
- Course Marshals (8:00-11:00am)
- Water Station (8:00-11:00am)
- Gym Reconfiguration/Clean-up (9:00-10:00am)
- Water Truck Unload (9:00-10:00am)
- Tear Down (11:00-Noon)