The Alexandria Turkey Trot takes place Thanksgiving morning in Del Ray, starting and finishing at George Washington Middle School. Volunteers are a critical part of the event, both for pre-race packet pick-up Sunday-Wednesday and on race day Thursday morning.
There are many different types of volunteer shifts from which to choose. If you sign up for multiple shifts, please just make sure not to double-book yourself.
All volunteers will receive a t-shirt.
Volunteers should plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before their shift. The location of each shift is noted in the shift name within the volunteer sign-up form, with more details about exact location within the description. Unless otherwise noted, shifts at GW Middle School will meet inside the gym.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Sunday, November 20-Tuesday, November 22 (1:00-5:30 pm)
All shifts take place at the following locations:
Jack Taylor’s Alexandria Toyota at 3750 Richmond Hwy., Alexandria, VA 22305
Pacers Running at 1301 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Set-Up, Registration, Bib Pick-up, T-Shirt Sales/Distribution, and Clean-Up
Wednesday, November 23:
All shifts take place in the gym at GW Middle School.
- Set-Up (4:30-6:00 pm)
- Registration/Bib Pick-up (5:15-8:00 pm)
- T-Shirt Distribution/Sales (5:30-8:00 pm)
- Greeters (5:45-8:00 pm)
Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day):
Most shifts take place in the gym at GW Middle School, unless otherwise noted.
- Set-Up (5:00-7:00 am) – meet outside the gym @ GW Middle School
- Parking Management (6:00-9:00 am) – meet outside the gym @ GW Middle School
- Registration/Bib Pick-up (6:45-9:00 am)
- T-Shirt Distribution/Sales (7:00-9:00 am)
- Greeters (7:00-9:00 am)
- Turkey Chaperone (7:30-11:00 am)
- Course Marshals (8:00-11:00 am) – meet location TBD
- Water Station (8:00-11:00 am) – meet @ Grape & Bean Rosemont
- Gym Reconfiguration/Clean-up (9:00-10:00 am)
- Water Truck Unload (9:00-10:00 am) – meet outside the gym @ GW Middle School
- Tear Down (11:00 am-12:00 pm)